Ep. 31 How 2 Win College Scholarships
This episode is with Monica Matthews, mom, author of the eBook – How To Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy Steps. She talks about how she was able to secure $100,000 in scholarships for her son who was studying aerospace engineering. She give you great tips on how to be successful and where to start. Here is a link to her book on Amazon:
How To Win College Scholarships: A Guide for Parents in 10 Easy Steps.
Her 5 tips for parents:
- Start where you are. Get organized and keep all of the college & scholarship info in one place.
- Look on other high school websites for scholarships
- Be proactive and talk early & talk often to the high school counselor
- Submit your scholarship application on nice stationary paper to stand out from the crowd. Review it carefully and make sure no errors. Pay attention to the order of attachments and the word limit on essays. The little things matter.
- Create your own website on WIX.com that can highlight your pictures and accomplishments to supplement you application.
She recently engaged on twitter during her weekly “twitter chat” with a representative from the Coca Cola Scholars Foundation. She quoted them as saying:[spp-tweet tweet=”“We are looking for students who have a passion to make a difference, are committed to service and are leaders in the school and community”. Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation”]
Contact info for Monica:
Website – How2WinScholarships.com
Twitter – @AidScholarship – Campus Chat (1st Wednesday 1-2pm EST)
Email – how2winscholarhsips@gmailcom
Scholarship Spotlight: Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation
This is an achievement based award that provides 150 graduating high school seniors with a 4- year scholarship of $20,000 each. Students are recognized for their capacity to lead and serve, and their commitment to making a significant impact on their schools and communities. The application period is August – October. Click HERE for more info.