Ep. 22 Need MORE Money for College? Find Your Scholarships Here
The episode of the College Money Maze Podcast is a chockful of nothing but scholarships. If you need more money for college, this is the place to start. You may have received your acceptance letters, if so, CONGRATULATIONS! Now is the time to figure out can you afford to attend that school that accepted you.
Your acceptance letter included awards from the institution for either merit aid, internal scholarships, federal aid, state aid and an offer for student loans to make up the difference. We are suggesting you start exploring additional scholarships NOW.
Here is a list to start with that you may qualify for. A few tips and reminders:
- Keep track of deadlines
- Apply for as many as possible (at least 30)
- Know whether or not the scholarship automatically renews or if you have to reapply each year
- Recycle your essays
- Proof read your application and essays
Here are the scholarships and links mentioned in this episode:
- Michael & Susan Dell Foundation – Dell Scholars Program: up to $20K DEADLINE 1/15/2016 http://www.dellscholars.org/scholarship/criteria
- Foot Locker Athlete Scholarship – Student Athletes: up to $20k DEADLINE 12/17/2015
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation – (4 separate scholarships) General Mills Health Scholarship, CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship, CBC Spouses Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship & CBC Spouses Education Scholarship.
- Thurgood Marshall & Lowe’s Gap Scholarship – up to $3100 DEADLINE 12/18/2015
- National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA) Undergraduate Scholarship – up to $5k Go to United Negro College Fund website for 2016 info http://www.uncf.org
- ADMITSEE.com – up to $5k. 100 word Essay topic: What do you HATE about college applications? DEADLINE 12/15/2015
- Apple’s developer community has a scholarship: WWDC Scholarship – up to $1595 DEADLINE 4/26/2016 http://developer.apple.com/wwdcscholarships
- Jimmy Rane Foundation Scholarship – up to $5k DEADLINE 2/4/2016
- Coupons.com Scholarship Fund – up to $5k DEADLINE December 31, 2015, March 31, 2016 & June 30, 2016
- AXA Achievement Scholarship – up to $10k (1 winner/state=52 awards) DEADLINE – First 10,000 applicants considered. Check website HERE for details.
Our Call to Action – JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP – The College Money Maze Community