Ep. 49 SAT Subject Tests, Are they Worth It?
This is a conversation about the SAT and why you should consider studying and taking the SAT Subject Tests. There is a link HERE to the dates (Oct. 1st, Nov 5th & Dec 3rd) for the upcoming subject tests (mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, french, german, spanish, modern hebrew, italian, & chinese).
THESE ARE THE SAME DATES AS THE REGULAR
SAT TEST. YOU CAN ALSO TAKE BOTH TESTS ON THE SAME DATE!
You may be asking yourself, WHY SHOULD I TAKE THE SUBJECT TESTS? Is it worth it? These are valid questions especially since there are additional fees with the subjects tests that range from $46-$72 dollars.
Here are several reasons why you should consider taking the subjects tests:
- Colleges may require these test scores for specific majors. This will differentiate you from other applicants.
- Shows that you have an accomplishment beyond the basic high school curriculum and can add this to your college admission profile.
- Shows to colleges your interest and commitment to that college and major.
- Can fulfill a requirement for extra college credit
- For those students in which English is not their first language, it shows an additional strength on their part.
- For international students as well, it shows that they are disciplined to do the extra studying in that subject
NEW Podcast Partner – ESSAY EDGE ($20 Off Coupon)
Editing Service Made Easy – College and Scholarship Essay Experts
Other links mentioned in this episode:
The SAT vs. The ACT
FASFA – NEW DEADLINES for 2016