Scholarship success can be different for everyone, especially with athletic recruiting thrown in the mix.
YOUR path to finding money to pay for college can also involve full or partial athletic scholarships.
In today’s episode, we talk with Mr. Terrence Powell who tells the story of his journey with his son and the athletic recruiting process. How you navigate college athletics along with also exploring merit scholarships is fascinating to listen to. Make sure you listen all the way to the end.
“If you are not a top tier athlete, colleges are not looking for you. Get on their radar!”
He gives his best tips looking back on his journey to help other parents:
- START EARLY (like when they are HS Freshman!)
- Consider additional personal training outside the high school environment.
- Have your child complete a Student Athlete Prospect Profile at each school they are interested in.
- Do your research on Merit Aid/Scholarships that each school offers. This will help if a particular coach does not want to give a full scholarship. You can use this as leverage.
- Visit more schools ahead of time to see what type of environment appeals to your child.
- Explore other scholarships outside the school to fill the gap.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Other related episodes for the student athlete: