If you believe that mastering several basic life skills is what has made you successful, you will love this episode. The podcast features Bridgette Lovett, wife of the our co-host Todd Lovett. We embark on a conversation about life skills that I came across from an article on the website Today.com: 8 Life Skills All 18 Year Old Should Have. This was an opportunity to assess how their son Charlie “measures up” and scores on this checklist. You can view this checklist and see how your child’s life skills compares.
- An 18 year old must be able to talk to strangers
- An 18 year old must be able to find his way around a campus, the town in which her summer internship is located, or the city where he is working or studying abroad.
- An eighteen year old must be able to manage his assignments, workload and deadlines.
- An 18 year old must be able to contribute to the running of a household.
- An 18 year old must be able to handle interpersonal problems.
- An 18 year old must be able to cope with ups and downs of courses and workloads, college-level work, competition, tough teachers, bosses and others.
- An 18 year old must be able to earn and manage money.
- An 18 year old must be able to take risks.
Do you think there are “other life skills that should be added to this list” Leave us a comment below. #howtoraiseanadult